Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

AfricanAncestry says that I have a Sequence Similarity Measure of 99.4% which means my Sequence is 99.4% the same as sequences from the Yoruba people in Nigeria today. 


Gg4
Moi
My father; William Emmett Geder
My Grandfather; Emmett Moore Jeter/Geder
James_jeter2
My Great Grandfather; James Jeter
Jrjeterafter
My 2nd Great Grandfather; John R. Jeter


There you have it. The Jeter/Geder dudes! All with Yoruba genes.

This takes me back to about 1793; John's approximate birth. I don't know how many previous generations of Jeters I may find. Here's hoping I can get lucky like so many of my friends and researchers.

John's obituaries suggest that he was born a slave and remained one until emancipation. He was able to, at least, dress up a bit in freedom. I like that.

Peace & Blessings,
"Guided by the Ancestors"
Post a Comment